Sunday, September 28, 2008

How I Met The Neighbor and Shades in the Same Day

I was about to give my credit card number to Match.com and plunge back into the freezing waters of dating. But I wanted information. Success rates. Testimonials. So I went to a blog-search site--maybe it was called Blogsearch--and I used "match.com" as the phrase. Out of the first dozen or so blogs which mentioned "match.com" by name one was "Don't Panic," by some guy, and one was "Inevitable Regeneration," by some girl.

I had read some others, but these two were stunners. The girl was the best writer I'd found in blogland yet. And I know some GOOD ones, let me tell you!! The guy also wrote like a Pulitzer winner, but there was an extra dimension. He went deep. There was soul there. A sounding that caught me.

Shades and Ned.

So I may not have found "the love of my life" from Match.com, but it did lead me to one of the most substantial relationships I've ever had. I talk to you guys more than I do my proximity friends. And that's fine with me.

More than fine.

3 comments:

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

Now THAT delivered me a huge ass smile first thing on a Monday morning, with a threat of tears.

The Neighbor said...

Amen. Group e-hug.

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

This blog wouldn't exist without your search Alan. =)