Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Neighbor

I'm your neighbor Ned, but sometimes I go by Overmonkey, Overmonk, or just The Neighbor. I live around the corner, or across the street, or in the adjacent town, or state, or country, or continent. I may ask to borrow a cup of sugar or your new BMW. I think I'm funny sometimes, and sometimes I'm right. I work with computers all day long, and play with computers a lot in my off hours. But I'm trying to renew the concept of the renaissance man - I run adventure races, listen to lots of really excellent music, cook for myself and sometimes my cat, and wax philosophic about relationships, politics, religion, and whatever else I can think of. I speak fluent English, and less fluent German, Russian, and French. I can tell Spanish speakers that I don't know how to speak Spanish, in Spanish with a convincing I-speak-excellent-Spanish accent, which I find marvelously amusing.

I sometimes live life as the Fireboy, a reference to my astrological profile. I am a Triple Fire Sign - Sun sign Aires, Moon Sign Sagittarius, and Ascendant Leo. (edited for A Shade of Scorpio)

My weakness used to be marijuana, but I quit that, and only miss it sometimes. Now my weakness is my easy easy heart. I live in a less great city than Alan, but it's not so bad. My cat's name is Myrtle. My car's name is Turbo Ducky. My house's name is Chez Ned. My penis's name is Mr. Winky. My computers are Lyle, Yolanda, Warpmonger and Ichabod.

This is my fifth year of blogging, but my first group blog. My other efforts are private to protect the innocent.

I am profane. Be warned.

3 comments:

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

Pwah. You forgot to mention the nickname of Fireboy.

Good work Handsome. I'm gonna take a better look tomorrow! I wanna blog toooooooo!!!!!! But my OCD done wore me out...zzzz......

Boopila said...

You named your penis. Mr.Winky, is it? Let's all name our ugly parts on the count of three. 1...2...3...

The Neighbor said...

That's correct. I used to insist that I/we had no nickname, as that implies that my penis is somehow not a part of the overall Neighborly whole, but then one day I was introducing him as Mr. Winky.

I'm sure I stole it from somewhere. Probably Yeats.