Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Ode To Fireboy's Autumnal Post


On my walk back from getting a hot cup of coffee this morning (why did I say it was hot? Obviously. Does anyone ever say they are getting a cold cup of coffee? I haven't seen it but I bet they do. Tonya Tangient signing off.) I saw these two leaves on the ground. Fall and Summer holding hands. Fall on top since Summer is handing over the baton. I smiled like an ass because I projected warm and fuzzy feelings onto these deciduous throwaways. You can smile with me.
Or maliciously because of me.

13 comments:

The Neighbor said...

Iced coffee is not uncommon down here. I think it's blasphemy, personally. Hot coffee . . . did you read my blog, or my mind?

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

I'm IN your mind. =) And it's getting hot in here...whew!

The Neighbor said...

Oh dear. Pardon the mess.

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

Don't worry Sir. I'm a professional. Who only needs a small cleared path.

The Neighbor said...

Just don't kick any of the piles over. I know where everything is this way.

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

Now you must be in MY head.

Alan said...

You two are shameless!














I love it.

The Neighbor said...

We really are . . .

Mama Monster said...

I'm addicted to iced coffee. It's scandalous.

The Neighbor said...

Blasphemy! Jezebel!

Alan said...

LOL!!

It's been AGES since I've heard anyone drop the J-bomb!!!

A Shade Of Scorpio said...

Iced coffee is defnitely huge up here. I mean just a cold cup of coffee....shiver.....

I wish I liked Iced! I do BUT...even when its 100 degrees out will still opt for the hot cup - maybe out of stubbornness. (Damn weather - I'm not givin in to no melting sidewalks without my hot coffee in my hand). Instead I give in to the froo froo coffees...like a Frappuccino. Yeah. I'm a sell out. I love the Crappuccino!!!

But not as much as I like this framed banana with tights in Ned's head.

The Neighbor said...

A framed banana in tights? Or a framed 'banana' in tights?

Because I wore tights to the Obama rally. Ahem.